Do you need a new mattress?
Unlike other products, it is sometimes more difficult to determine when you need to replace your mattress. Mattresses don’t usually “break” or abruptly stop doing what they are supposed to do. In fact, because the wearing out process is so gradual, you may believe your mattress is still comfortable long after the point when you should replace it.
Don’t think because your mattress is still under warranty that it should still be comfortable and provide a good night’s sleep. The warranty is only for product defects; it does not cover the gradual loss of comfort and support.
In general, if you notice or are aware of the following, it’s probably time to start shopping for a new mattress:
- You wake up with stiffness, numbness, or aches.
- You get a better night’s sleep anywhere but in bed (like a hotel, the couch, at a family member’s home).
- Your mattress shows visible signs of wear (it’s dipping, has lumps, the interior is exposed, etc.).
- Your mattress is more than 7 years old.
Signs you need to replace your mattress
You may have loved your mattress when you first got it, and you don’t think you want to part with it now. However, no matter how amazing your mattress was, or you think it still is, your relationship must eventually end for comfort’s sake. Here are some additional signs that you may want to look for:
- Obvious sagging. This doesn’t mean waiting for a crater-sized dip in the mattress. Even if it’s only 1-2 inches, it can mean a lack of support for the most vulnerable parts of your body.
- Impressions left by memory foam mattresses. Even though these types of mattresses are supposed to “remember” your body’s impression, the foam should mostly return to its original position after you get up. The foam’s structure eventually breaks down, leaving the impression longer than it should be.
- Your sleep is not restful. Sleeping is supposed to be regenerating, a time for your body to recover from the stresses of the day. Even if you are in bed 7-8 hours, if you wake up still feeling tired, or you are tossing and turning throughout the night, you are not getting the quality of sleep you need.
- Your allergies are worse. It’s not pleasant to think about, but mattresses can accumulate allergens like mold, dust mites and mildew over time. If you are sneezing or stuffy when you are around your bed, it could be the allergic reaction from these irritants.
- You or your situation has changed. You may have a new bed mate, you may have gained or lost weight, you are pregnant or have sustained a bodily injury. These changes can require a new mattress. Even though the old one is still in decent shape, it is no longer comfortable..
Visit 305beds.com when you are ready to get a great night’s sleep
If you are ready to consider buying a new mattress, don’t pay full price! Check out ½ Price Mattress for our wide selection of mattresses at up to 75% off retail store prices.
½ Price Mattress has several locations in South Florida. If you live in or nearby Hialeah, there is one conveniently located at 3520 West 18th Avenue #145 in Hialeah. You will find over 1,000 new luxury brand-name bedding at a great discount over other retail mattress stores. Brands include Simmons, Sealy, Serta and Sterns & Foster, all in various styles. These are not overstocks or factory rejects! They are brand-new, high quality mattresses. We purchase in bulk, passing on the savings to YOU!
Check out our websitefor our current specials. No credit is needed to purchase a mattress at ½ Price Mattress. Buyers can quickly and easily apply for the 90 day payment plan. No credit check is required.